Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mammapalooza

I went to a great little event last night that Gretel threw. It was a group of mom's getting together at the Rhino to hang out and have a nosh and a few beers. Since I'm still mostly doing this solo (Len's working like mad, and barely sleeping 'cause of the baby, poor love!) , the baby came with. Suprisingly, she is an awesome bar baby! The level of noise suits her need for white noise quite nicely, plus it covered up when she screamed for about four minutes before falling asleep in my arms. This was much less stressful then her screaming in a quiet coffee shop where everyone's trying to read the paper. Everyone in the bar was screaming at each other to be heard, so she fit right in!
I really enjoyed myself for the hour and a half that we attempted it. Adara happily played with the other women for a good thirty minutes, and then conked out.
On the way home, we stopped to pick up Len from the theatre. This was a mistake. The traffic was insane (hockey game, two shows getting out, etc.) and the baby got hungry. She was crying her little heart out for twenty minutes until we finally pulled over on King street and I jumped in the back and fed her. I felt so bad!!! She was such a superstar all day. She got her passport photo taken, went shopping, hung out with Auntie and mom in Tim Hortons, had two very long naps and went to Mammapalooza. And I paid her back by making her wait twenty minutes at 11pm to be fed... poor little babe!
The passport photo thing was a bit crazy. Did you know that for the passport photo, infants must have their heads square to the camera, their eyes open and their mouths closed, without any interference from other hands? I have never seen this state of being on my eight week old babe. If the eyes are open, the mouth is open, and her head is absolutely never square, it's always cocked to the right. Anyways, we got close ish and hopefully the stupid government will suck it up and accept the photo. Now, I just have to find a guarantor to sign her passport application who has known her for two years...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

They gave us a hard time at Blacks for Dylan's photo shoot, but the government lady totally didn't care. There was even a hand in the one that she chose - it got cropped right out when she put it in their little government box.

Jenn said...

Passport photos for babies are SOOOO STOOPID!!!

Anonymous said...

guarantor whose known her for two years...hah!

thanks for coming out to Mamapalooza - it was great to see you and soooo nice to snuggle with Adara.

Sarah said...

kendra - so sorry that I missed your question about movies for mommies!

I saw that my mom put a link up for you. There is also movies for mommies and there is one at the Fox in the beaches.

http://www.movies4mommies.com/MFM_en/screenings.xml

I love going to them - also I am getting old and I like that they leave the lights on a little and the flicks aren't as loud!

ss