Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting better, dare I say?

Ok, so yes, once again last night my sweet baby daughter refused to sleep until 11:30pm.  Yep, my two month old stays up from 5 pm until 11:30pm straight every night. However, last night she ate at 10 pm, went to sleep at 11:30 and slept until (wait for it) 5AM!!!!!! What?  Unfortunately, her poor father wasted this potential lovely sleep time 'cause he was sitting up waiting for her to wake up for her 1 am bottle.  Damn!  Foiled by a two month old again!  On the upside mommy got to sleep from midnight until 6:45am straight through.  Whoo hoo!  On the downside, (WARNING BREAST FEEDING REFERENCE AHEAD, IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH ABOUT THIS PLEASE DO NOT READ!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...)  all bed sheets must now be washed cause mommy might have slept but the milk factories didn't!  They just emptied themselves into the bed!

Yesterday was good too.  We went out for a holiday lunch with the Cahoots folks downtown at Dundas and Spadina.  I got to eat while Jovanni played with the babe, he got to eat while Dennie played with her, and then she got to eat while we all drank green tea.  Pretty much the perfect set up which I'd like to repeat every time that I go out for a meal.  This was her first meal with me in a restaurant and it went pretty stellar, all in all.  Plus, PHO 88 where we went had easy big wide doors to get the stroller in, space for the stroller to sit, and while no change table in the bathroom, plenty of room on the counter to change her.  All mothers, know that PHO 88 is baby friendly!

It was also great talking shop with the Cahooters.  Funny how easily I fall back into talking marketing strategies, next years programming, casting, etc.  So thanks guys, I had a lovely lunch!

Today Jenn and Griffin are coming and are going to try and help me figure out my sling woes.  For those of you who don't know, the amazing Gretel Meyer-Odell made us a beautiful sling for carrying the babe in.  Unfortunately, she refuses to be put in it, ever. For any reason.  At all.  She cries until she pukes all over herself.  Leave it to my baby to hate what every other baby loves, and something that would make her mothers life substantially easier.  I wouldn't have to carry the big lug all of the bloody time!!!  Anyway, Jenn's going to try and fix our issues.  It's like counselling for babies. 

1 comment:

Cath said...

Congratulations on your sleep! Keep going Adara. Hopefully Adara gets adjusted to her sling. Braydon had a Carrier that fit on the front of me. He and I both loved it. He got the Mommy closeness he needed and I had my hands free for dishes, sweeping, and even a game of cards from time to time.