Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So much going on...

Life here at Adoring Adara has gotten strangely crazy recently.  Betwixt choosing new strollers, seeking for highchairs, car seats and jumperoos and feeding and caring for ourselves; we've been busy.

The Stroller Saga:  So we currently have four strollers in our house. The peg perego that I initially bought second hand is a great stroller, but sucks for the snow and doesn't work for jogging and rollerblading which Len and I are hoping to do soon. It will be kept for car runs and subwaying.  The jogging stroller (which shall remain nameless due to libel possibilities...) that we purchased a month ago, had another sent when that one was broken, and now have two broken versions of; is still waiting in the house to be returned.  In the way of all new parents, we have lost the fax number where we have to send the receipt to!!! Dear new parents (there's a lot this week: Andrew, Joel) find a place to store important baby stuff now, and stick to it!
And finally, our new purchase today; a Phil and Ted's sport stroller.  I think that this is pretty ironic.  This is the stroller that my mother mentioned that she'd read about and thought sounded great when I was six months pregnant.  I said "too expensive, too big, won't go well on the subway, not what I need, blah, blah, blah".  Turns out, I'm wrong about my mom life.  I don't go on the subway that often.  I do however, walk everyday.  Sometimes for an hour and a half to get to local stores and friends and back again.  I do, in fact, need a silly expensive stroller that will do for my kid until she's four.  Cause it turns out that i walk more then I think I do.  So, there ya go, mom's right again.  Why do I fight the inevitable? :)

Highchairs, and Jumperoos and Carseats, oh my:  Adara has suddenly gotten really large all at once, and has been trying some solids out.   So, now we need a highchair, a jumperoo (standing jolly jumper, we have no reliable doorways to hang a hanging one that's why we're paying an architect $10,000!) and a new carseat cause she's about to outgrow the bucket one.  The highchair and jumperoo I want to find used, cause we're poor from the delux stroller (see above).  The carseat we just have to choose what we want.  All of this takes time. Hey moms, when do you give up on a new food?  She's been bringing the sweet potatoes back up pretty good and I don't know when I decide that that isn't working.  Talk amongst yourselves...

Feeding and Caring for Ourselves:  I finally feel up to cooking lovely meals again, especially now that Adara's bed time is pretty reliable.  So Len and I last night made Salmon, gnochhi with tomato basil pesto and a lovely salad.  We finished off in a glorious heap on the futon in front of the tv eating dark chocolate and drinking beer.  It was a good night of taking care of ourselves.  We finished the night with doing a crossword together and staying up far too late cause we were into it. Yep, we're old geeks from way back!

Other News: All this past week people keep stopping to look and coo at Adara.  Two old gentlemen actually crossed the street to have a look at her.  It's probably just that people are feeling more optimistic about spring coming... but I'm going to choose to believe that I have the most beautiful baby on the planet.  Except for Griffin, Kaia, Alex, Sasha, Liam, Blair, Lana, Dylan, Cameron, Tristan, Phelan, Laura, Lisa.... etc, etc., all of whom were very beautiful babies too! 



2 comments:

Cath said...

Wow, you have had a very busy week. About the sweet potatoes I do not think there is any given time to try but for Braydon I tried a food for two or three days and if he did not like it I would wait about three weeks then try it again. If again he didn't like it I would shelf it for another three weeks. For some reason that worked for Braydon. I don't know if their taste buds change or continue to develope but it worked. I don't think there was a food that he did not like by the end of it all.

Kendra said...

Thanks for the advice Cathy. I hear from Lyndee that you have some news?