Thursday, January 31, 2008

Three good days,and a bad one




Adara and I flew to Florida on Monday. It went quite well, all in all. A bit challenging, getting through security with a baby who desperately wanted to be fed, especially when they made us all take our shoes off and take apart the stroller. Craziness! However, we made it, and the flight wasn't too bad. I ended up with two empty seats beside me, so lots of room to lay her out so that she could kick about. I broke the rules about holding her upright, and just fed her on the way up and the way down to help her poor little ears. She was very good and i was quite proud of us for negotiating the whole thing.

Tuesday she was completely exhausted, so we just hung out at the apartment all day and she slept for most of it. So, I got to catch up with mom and dad in peace and quiet, and read an entire book! Woo Hoo!

Wednesday, she was an absolute angel as we went out for lunch and shopping for cheap new clothes for me. She was very good, walking around with me in the sling for 45 minutes, and then hanging out with Pappa as I went back to try on clothes at all of the stores. In the past few days I've bought three pairs of pants, a shirt a belt and two outfits for her for the bargain price of $120!

Today, however, was an extremely long day. I think that she is teething. So, she'd only allow herself to be carried by me, screamed for between 10 and 40 minutes every time she tried to sleep, and had to be carried and vigorously jogged up and down to fall asleep. My body is exhausted and my soul a bit too. On the upside, at least I had company and someone to make me dinner for the end of this marathon! She's been asleep for two hours now. With any luck, she'll be better tomorrow. Days like this just send me mentally back to her super colicky first six weeks. It makes my soul quake in fear. Who knew how fearful a little innocent baby could make a grown person? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK we are very quickly getting addicted t looking at Adara's super cuteness, so we need lots of pics! We are reading everyday and loving staying in touch through your blog, just so you know. We like it!xxxxx and here is an extra one for Adara's belly X

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! It's freezing here! Wiarton Willie sez "early spring" though. Love sis

Anonymous said...

These days will be fewer and fewer. Hang tough!