Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dear Environment

Dear Environment:
Lately I've begun to feel that our relationship is somewhat one sided. Don't get me wrong, you're lovely and all, with your birds and blue skies and sunshine, and the like; but I feel a little bit like I'm the giver lately. I try and use cloth diapers, hang out my laundry (and there's a lot of it!), take three minute showers (ok,maybe that's more 'cause of the baby), don't drive a car, hardly even take the ttc, use my rain water barrels, recycle, compost, and have high efficiency everything. I can't help but notice that all of these things that I do for you, they take me a lot more time to do. Really, a lot more. And I liked long hot showers, I really did. However, I've done this all for you, lovely environment. So, I gotta ask; What have you done for me, lately?

Environment: "Sustain all life on the earth."
Me: "Oh. Right. Nevermind."

No comments: