Saturday, April 19, 2008

Comedy of Errors/ Adara's as Smart as Her Cousin


Tonight's bath time was a bit of a comedy of errors. I carried Adara over to the little bath tub which rests in the sink, pulled away the cloth diaper around her and she peed all over me. Then I put her in the tub, and she promptly reached down and pulled out the plug. Thinking that this was a funny error, I tried to refill the tub from the tap. It was a bit too hot (don't worry not burning hot) and Adara started screaming. So, I took her out and wrapped her in the towel to calm her; and she peed on it. I refilled the tub, got a new towel and put her back in. She promptly pulled out the plug and smiled beautifically at me. I put the plug back in. She pulled it out and growled at me. I said "Ok bath time over baby girl; out you come!"
The End

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am ever-so-familiar with that pulling the plug trick. Try getting a cheapo suction cup bathmat and cutting it down to a good size for your sink. That'll foil her! I've also in past just put a hand towel or something in the bottom, though that had limited success as baby just grabs it and inevitably plug comes out again. Good luck. Soon she will use big tub and be able to pull out plug and let ever so much MORE of Mother Earth's water down the drain!