Friday, April 4, 2008

Carseat help

It's time to buy Adara's next carseat and for some reason; I can't make a decision.  Mom's what do you love and hate about your carseat?  What fits in a smaller car?  What's relatively light to carry?  What's comfy for babies to sleep in?  Thoughts?
We don't even know what car it's going into yet.  We're giving moms car back next week and haven't decided if we're purchasing another car or making do with autoshare and rentals.  Autoshare is fine for the city, but in the summer we go away for at least 4 weekends.  4 weekends is $1,200 on car rentals, which is getting pretty close to 5 months of car payments.  Hard to decide...
Anywhooo... carseat thoughts everyone?  Please help!

In other news, today I managed to feed Adara a bottle in one arm and eat pad thai, WITH CHOPSTICKS, with the other!  I didn't spill on me or her!  I am officially a mom rock star!  YEAH!

4 comments:

Cath said...

The thing that I hate most about Braydon's car seat is the straps. They constantly twist and turn and hardly ever stay flat. My cousin has a car seat that has a pad for each shoulder strap that surrounds the strap and a large chest buckle, this really seems to work well and it takes less time to put her child in. Good luck on this search it is definately more important then I thought it was when we got ours. They are in this seat for a very very long time.

Sarah said...

Hey Kendra,

We just got a Britax Marathon. It is a combo - rear and front facing, so good until 65 lbs. Our car is pretty tight for back seat space. It is going to fit a lot better once we get to turn it around at 1 year. They have them at Macklem's for 20 bucks cheaper than I found them elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Car seats are awful punishing items. Perhaps it's the almost 7 years of using it! My kid is too scrawny to get out of it despite being ready for gr 3 in 3 months. Make sure it's a good quality seat that will last to 70 pounds.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

I've done a lot of asking around on the same topic and found that many people have selected the Britax Marathon or Roundabout (for smaller cars). They are rated very highly for safety.
Zoe