Friday, November 30, 2007

Not so much about the babe

Today, I'm out of the house for about four hours to do things that aren't really about the baby, for a change.  I have to go and see my not so enlightening therapist.  The last time that I went, I got more out of flirting with the coffee barista at the cafe after then I did out of the stupid therapy!  Nonetheless, I will give this one more try, and if I don't get anything out of it then I'm going to stop wasting my time on that, and just go flirt with the coffee guy, who's name is Kevin by the by. 
Then, I'm off to buy socks (whoo hoo!  Where the heck have all of my socks gone?  Jenn has a good blog entry about lost socks, www.lifeontheroof.blogspot.com)  And finally, I'm meeting Lyndee for a beer, which is the best part of the day.  I know, some of you are shocked that I'm having a drink when I'm breastfeeding.  But, ya know what?  It's one beer, people!  Due to feeding her I've had to stop eating any dairy, onions or spice and can't have caffeine or chocolate after noon.  This is pretty much all of my favourite things, so damn it, I will have an occassional drink!  I defy you to tell me that I can't!!  Actually, I don't, I don't really want to encourage you all to send me nasty comments, I got enough new mom guilt, thank you very much! :) 
Then, some other friends are coming over to visit with Lyndee and me, along with their baby.  Two new babies, one house, we'll see how crazy that is! 
We have our lovely part time Nanny, Annie, coming in for a few hours today to give me a break.  Annie is an absolute godsend, she gives me a break, she cooks and does laundry, I would marry her if I could!  Actually, she's pretty much the perfect Len replacement, until he returns from the crazy long-houred world of Dirty Dancing.  Long-houred is definitely not a word, but I don't care.  Ha!  I am full of defiance today!  So there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news, researchers, the CMA and AMA state that one alcohol drink a week is Ok 2-3 hours before feeding. As I am sure you know, more than one drink a week can cause problems to the baby's underdeveloped (but developing) liver. So, plan your week for a beer with a friend or a glass of wine with Len and enjoy your reward for being a good mommy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, AR I knew all your reading of scientific journals would pay off!! Now if the Mommy and the Auntie get tipsy at a Bon Jovi concert, but PUMP the milk and pour it down the drain....does the CMA and AMA say that's okay? By the way Jon Bon Jovi is sexy!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had concert tickets for that "old" rocker's show. To me he is sexy in a family guy kind of way! Oh, and since the alcohol would leave your breastmilk at the same rate as it leaves your bloodstream, pump and dump would make no difference. When you return to sober so does your milk! However, pumping and storing before the concert so when you return home a little buzzed would be of use to baby Adara :-) In my parenting class the big issue today is vegans who breastfeed.....the B vitamins in their babes may be low. Your gandmothers had it easy.....bottle feed and eat and drink what you want....suprisingly my generation survived!!