Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baby Jail




This picture is very indicative of the current state of our house. We're currently packing up the entirety of the main floor in preparation for a major renovation which is starting on Monday. It's all a bit crazy...
On Friday, I'm getting the rest of my wisdom teeth out. My mom and dad are coming to help take care of me and the babe and will take us home on Saturday. We'll stay there for two weeks or until the reno is done. Meanwhile, Len and a contracting company will be simultaneously ripping apart our house and putting in new beams, and building a workshop in the back. All kinda high stress, high energy, but needs to be done!
So, thus the baby and are in " baby jail". We bought this fencing for just such situations. We can put her in the midst of the action without fear of stepping on her or her commando crawling away. I ended up in the baby jail when I realized that what we thought was just random whining was actually hunger cries, and contritely jumped in to feed her.
She is commando crawling now (slithering on her belly using her arms and legs; mostly backwards) albeit very slowly. We're trying to teach Adara to be more patient and not require constant attention and playing from us. So, the last two days, we've been playing with her every five minutes or so, and putting up with the crying and whining in between. I think that she's catching on though, she was a lot better today.
So, given the chaos of the next few weeks you may not be hearing much from me. Or, alternately, you may be hearing more, complete with tales of our adventures with Grammy and Pappa in Goderich. For all you kincardinites, as soon as I'm feeling a bit better, we'll be headed that way for a visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - that's a lot of stuff going down at once. I fully understand both the awesome, overwhelmingness of it and the excitement at the prospect of having these things behind you. Courage!