Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ecstasy and Irony

I must begin by saying that this post is not intended to brag, but it might just come off that way. So... if ya think that you might be upset about the "potential bragging" then you should STOP READING RIGHT NOW!.... ok, I gave you a minute, here goes...

I went shopping for new jeans today. I ended up buying gap jeans two sizes smaller then my pre pregnancy gap jeans. That baby has been sucking me dry and I am shrinking. The ecstasy part is, I'm two sizes smaller. The irony part is that prior to getting pregnant I was all self absorbed and blah, blah, blah to Len about how I was worried that I'd get horribly fat and have terrible skin during and post pregnancy and be in rotten shape from it.
I was and am in the best physical shape of my life due to all of the baby exercise, my skin is pretty good and I'm two sizes smaller.
Now. Why wasn't I worrying to Len that I'd have a colicky baby, never sleep again, and miss my work and friends? 'Cause I'm shallow, that's why! :)

2 comments:

Julia Hale said...

Ahh the benefits. The glass is always half full! Enjoy your new waist. (And never feel guilty about a little cathartic complaining)

Anonymous said...

Now the trick is to never, ever wean...and go back to full time work, then you, too, will be able to see your ribs and be unable to keep up your new pants!