Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

Dear Da-Da:
Happy Father's Day! I'm seriously sorry that I woke you up at 7 am this morning and that mamma wouldn't get her lazy bum out of bed, but really, I wanted to hang out with you today! I've missed you da-da!
Thanks for a really cool eight months.


Thanks for letting me sleep on your chest untold number of nights when only your heartbeat would soothe me. Thanks for teaching me the joys of laying back on the couch, sucking on a bottle (or beer) and watching cartoons. Thanks for making sure that I'm warm enough/cool enough/fed enough/played with enough and generally loved a ridiculous amount this year! Thanks for buying me my firefly toy when I was stealing all the other baby's and for getting me a hat when the sun bugged my eyes. Thanks for insisting that I must have the coolest stroller ever and for discouraging mom (and everyone else) from dressing me in pink. Thanks for my jungle themed room!
I can't wait for our year ahead with lots of swings and splash pads and generally silly running around together. Now that I'm crawling and cruising, I'm seriously ready for the fun ahead with you.
I love you so much, so have a beer and chill out tonight; cause we got a big year ahead!
love,
Adara (aka rat baby)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Len.....a package is on the way and yes pink is involved because some baby girls look very very good in pink.~AR