Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Joy

For no particular reason, other then that's it february and I watched a sad movie today, I'm down today. The movie (P.S. I Love you, very good really) had a lot of highlights from the life of this couple and I started thinking that my life had very few highlights recently. So, I challenged myself to right down 20 really good nights or days or events that I remember down. In 10 minutes, I had written 60, felt better and stopped.
So, here's a couple of the ones that I wrote, since many involve all of you:
1) the night in Blyth where we laid out in the back of Andrew's pickup truck watching the amazing northern lights and writing dirty names to musicals
2) the night of my engagement dinner at my parents house: badminton in the backyard, pics on the beach with Jenn, a beautiful drunken dinner, late night visitors and fog coming in off the fields. perfect...
3) A drunken night out with Lyndee, Mrs. H. and the Ya-yas. I don't know where we went or how we go there, but I ended up asleep on my dining room floor in knee high boots and mardi gras beads and remembering a great night of conversations with great women
4) sleeping under my first Christmas tree in the old apartment
5) Len's 39th birthday at McVeigh's . The one where I got up and sang happy bday in front of the whole bar and Bubba chased people with a sausage
6) The closing night party of the Banff PACT conference. A great big teepee, a huge bonfire, lots of drunken dancing, a tug of war, and taking the last bus home trying to stay awake to rehash it all with Lyndee before sleep
7) A day on the beach with Liam, Jenn and Griffin this summer at Wasaga. Just enjoying being with Liam.
8) a night in Nantes, France at a Creperie with all of Kristen's french and Canadian friends
9) dancing in the shop at the Tarragon with Lisa and Andy and the cast
10) building sandcastles in PEI with my dad
11) the Christmas eve at my parents house where we were all jumping around and dancing to Celtic tunes
12) breakfast in bed, classical tunes on the radio, my gorgeous husband by my side and the baby asleep... about 8 weeks ago
13) Adara's first giggles
14) the 2006 Dora Awards party after Cahoots won four doras after a very challenging year for me

So, that's it from me. Sorry,no pics today, we're still having download issues with the new camera and the mac. I'm sure that we'll figure it out soon.
I challenge you all to tell me your joy moments or just think about them this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for prompting me to think of such occasions in my life - I'm pretty overwhelmed by some pretty tough stuff in my life right now and had lost touch with the fact that fun times ARE possible!