Sunday, February 24, 2008

And Len too

And now Len is sick as well.  Fanfreakintastic!  At least Lyndee called today to chat.  We talked in between me feeding the baby and turning her on her side as she dry heaved and threatened to puke.  Strange, what can become perfectly normal in your life... We're still getting by and I have to say that we got relatively mild versions, no real high fevers for anyone although lots of aches and pains and upset tummies.  
Adara is crying at me a lot today.  It's very different then her usual cry, it's very specifically a request directed at me to do something about how she's feeling.   Heartbreaking and it was really getting to me this morning.  So, I decided to think about it like when Len is sick or I am.  If I'm sick (like now, say), I'll occasionally moan from the couch " My tummy hurts" or "I ache all over".  And Len says "I know babe, do you want anything?"  It means nothing, he knows that he can't do anything about how I'm feeling and I know it too.  So now every time Adara cries "at me" I'm supplanting it with "mommy my tummy really hurts" and I'm responding with "I know babe, i'm sorry it hurts but it'll be over soon".  It makes me feel a lot better about the occasional frantic accusatory cries. And to her credit, she's being very good, only doing these cries about every hour and a half when she gets too tired to deal with the world again. 
I must admit though that I'm feeling particularly down about all of this.  There was a show that I wanted to go to tonight and I had several invites to come and watch the oscars.  It's sunday, which is a night that Len is home so sometimes is my night out; but due to circumstances hasn't been my night out alone in four weeks.  (the detail oriented of my readers can note that I was out last sunday for Len's bday and that two sundays before that I was in sunny florida, but this is about my night out alone people, ALONE!) So, add to that the wonderful Lyndee calling with lots of lovely career and personal life things going on that make me crazy jealous for those days.  Ok, yes Lyndee has her own problems (like this being her first day off in fourteen) and my life will include career again soon... but this is my whine people, so suck it up and don't get all logical on me!
On an up note, it's sunny out and the babe is giggling all of the time now. :)

No comments: