Sunday, February 15, 2009

When I'm not a great parent...

When I have to watch her in pain. I'm terrible at this, I cry and make things worse, I can't help it. We took Adara to a clinic this morning as she still seems to be in pain. They concluded it's not ear nose or throat, so they're thinking kidney or UT infection. They held her down and taped a collection bag to her to try and collect a sterile urine sample while she screamed her guts out. I'm supposed to try and get this sample back to them before 5pm. If not, they're closed, all doctors are closed tomorrow so I wait for Tuesday. The sample bag that the doctor taped to her didn't work. He gave me a 2nd one in case I needed to try again. I don't have much faith that this will have worked. So, now I'm debating. Take her to emergency and get her to put a catheter in to see if it is a kidney or urinary tract infection. Or wait it out until Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to emerg. The 8 eight hours you'll spend there will be a better way to spend your time than waiting until Tuesday for another stupid pee bag. We're thinking of you!