Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recovered Baby, Sick Mamma

Check out the very much recovered baby below.
She was so content tonight, she laid on my chest sucking her thumb and patting her cow for 25 minutes without a sound or movement. This kind of contentment without motion/toys/books/songs is so out of character for my wee one that I took her temperature. It's fine, I guess that she was just relaxed. I'll belive it for real if she's not sick tomorrow!
Len and I went to our dance class last night and finally mastered the cha-cha that has been the bain of my existance for three weeks. I think that I'd had so much to be angry at at work all day, that I decided not to be annoyed by the cha-cha, went at it in good humour and conquered! It was actually quite a relief cause we were both within an inch of giving up on it.
In the midst of Adara being sick I forgot to mention Liam and Kristens' visit. They were here for family day weekend. LIam and Kristen went to Medieval Times to see the jousting knights and Len took Liam to the Science Centre. Kristen showed up with gifts and wines and cheeses as per usual; that girl makes an awesome guest!
Thursday of this week Julia and Rafa are coming with their new four week old baby, Diego. They're arriving thursday around 10 pm and leaving friday at 5 am, so a very quick tour. Jenn's going to come by and say hi too, so a very busy midweek.
Meanwhile, at work, all of my grants are due at the end of the week. They were well in hand and ready to go when the arrangements for one of my shows fell through. So, a quick rethink, rebudget rewrite, all to be done by Friday. Woo Hoo! I'm reallly a fan of this kind of last minute bleeping grant crap. Oh well, the last time this happened to me, the show that we substituted in at the last second ended up winning four major theatrical awards. Let's hope that this ones' worth as much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Adara is well again. Did they ever determine what it was? Hopefully nothing serious. How are you??? (sick mamma?) Good for you for holding your head up high and looking at the positive side of your work. That is why you are the boss kiddo! You know how to make things work despite setbacks. SP

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra
I'm glad that Adara is better. Are you sick too?

I had a great time in Toronto. Len was very kind to spend time with Liam. Thanks for having us.

Love K