Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February update

On Monday Adara will be 16 months old. This month we've added some new words again.
Towel, shower, Achoo (as in a sneeze) We all fall down, are the big ones right now.
She's also, much to our dismay, learned to open the fridge door. Today after daycare, I set her down at the door while I took my shoes off. Before I got them off, she ran to the fridge, took out a baby yogurt and was determinedly attempting to get a spoon from the cutlery drawer. Craziness!
Len had three days off this past week, sunday night, monday and all day and night Tuesday. It was glorious! I took Monday off and he and I ran errands without all of the interruptions and had a lovely afternoon nap together in the sunshine in our room. Last night we had a game of scrabble and I totally whooped his butt! Starting next week, Len will have every Sunday night, Monday night and Wednesday night off, which will be lovely. I can get some exercise and see some folks.
We're still doing our dance class on Mondays. The last few weeks we've been working on the Cha Cha. We're terrible at it. Truly awful. Not like waltz where we were terrible for a week and then got good and now are quite beautiful waltzers (not a word, I know). Just bad at cha cha and not really improving all that much. Sigh, I lack a latin lover gene, I guess...

No comments: