Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's the thought that counts...

I just finished making biscotti. And, exactly what my friend Heather said would happen when she warned me not to bother, happened. They burned on the bottom, just enough to be annoying. They still smell so good and the top two thirds tastes awesome. However, you can't give people beautifully wrapped top two thirds of biscotti for Christmas. And now I'm imagining my dad or Aunt Lois pointing out just how Toronto of me it is to make biscotti. Buy some, or make cookies, why do something so labour intensive? But you see A) it wasn't that labour intensive and B) I wanted to do something nice for all of my friends for Christmas and can't afford to do gifts for everyone.
I suppose that it is the thought that counts. But I don't think that the thought counts for much when you're feeding people burnt biscotti.
Well, consider yourself thought of. :)

No comments: