Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Nine Months Monkey 'O Mine!



Dear Adara, Happy Nine Month Birthday!
I've spent a lot of time this month thinking about you and the past nine months as I prepared to go back to work. Today, at the park, we saw two babies under 10 days old. Were you ever that small and sleepy? Small yes, sleepy, I think not!
I've thought a lot about the personality that you are developing and who you are rapidly becoming. You are charming and funny and giggly and silly, and willful and stubborn and thoughtful and empathetic and loving and easily bored and social, social, social, baby girl! You are at your happiest in a room or park or restaurant full of people. You are a people watcher extraordinaire, much like your grammy.


It's been quite a busy month for you again, I think that you must be quite exhausted. In fact, I know that you are, because you've suddenly switched to sleeping 10 or 11 hours straight through. Yippee! The effects of lots of outside play.
This month, you've become a speed crawler, got another tooth (three now and three more on the verge), learned to open the screen door to the patio and pull back the curtain on the shower if you aren't getting enough attention. You also give lovely kisses and only occasionally bite.
This month coming up, you and daddy are starting on your grand adventure without me at home all of the time. I know that you two are going to have an awesome time. If you could just remind daddy to put on his sunblock before you go out and conquer the world, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks darling!
I love you more then you can imagine and can't wait to see what this next month holds, Adara. You are my sweet bella, monkey baby, bonita!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sunblock thing...Isaac is good about covering the kids, but refuses to wear it himself...making him the quintessential 'redneck' all summer long.