Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Boots

I have been looking for new black boots since last March. I'm quite specific about black boots. They must be stylish and able to worn with jeans and dress pants, but also eminently wearable. I often find myself walking a half an hour or more in the city, either because I'm thinking about something or because the transit system has failed me and it's just easier to walk. My boots must have a heel, but not too much heel, must be fashionable but classic. I gave up last spring. Last week, I found these beauties. They are Josef Siebels which is a super comfortable, well supported brand of shoes that I've always wanted to buy but never been able to afford. They were onsale. For $85. Down from $285. Budget be damned these beauties were going home with me!


These are my old boots. I will still keep them and wear them because they're still functional and have a slightly different look then the new ones. Plus, I'm frugal. How frugal, you ask? These boots are nine years old. They are older then my child, house and marriage.
And you know what, I'm proud of that. I really despise our throw away society. Here's hoping that the new ones will give me nine years too. Meanwhile, I'm off to the cobbler to put my third pair of new soles on the old ones. Ta Ta.

4 comments:

Auntie K said...

Ya can tell we are sisters! I searched for new boots for a year and found them on sale at sears last month. I'll bring em to Toronto. My old ones...not salvageable sadly!

Jenn said...

And best friends! I too am on the hunt for new black boots, my ten year old ones have bit the dust in a truly spectacular way. I have not found an equal to them...they have truly served me well! (OK, I did find an equal, but I'm not willing to pay $300 for them...even though amortized over ten years, that's not so bad!)

Derland said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
danielacristofoli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.