Thursday, May 6, 2010

I get by with a little help from my...

Friends. Like all of you.
So, After being diagnosed today with strep throat for the third time in five weeks, I'm a little overwhelmed and beside myself. I don't know why I'm not getting better but it's sapping all of my energy.
Which, consequently, is sapping my energy for the food project. Len has lost all this weight and his blood pressure is coming down, so I want to keep going and stay on top of this. But I'm spent, and I have two entire heads of organic broccoli in my fridge, cause I didn't cook last weeks. So, a little help please? What can I do with this broccoli? I don't really like it just steamed, so any other options would be lovely. I'm looking for low salt, relatively low fat although some fats are good and preferably not too labour intensive.
Help?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Broccoli Salad - chop it all up into little pieces, make a dressing that's 1/2 mayo (low fat) and 1/2 maple syrup, with a clove of garlic or two thrown in. Thinly slice one red onion. Chuck in a handful of raisins. Usually the recipe calls for bacon (1/2 a pound, cooked and then chopped into little bits) but you could skip that if you wanted. Sweet and garlicy goodness! You can bring some to dinner tomorrow, that is if you're still coming?

dennie said...

Broc soup since you have strep, might go down very nicely. I can have Roo run over some recipes if you'd like.

Kristen said...

Hey sweetie! How about cook in some spaghetti sauce? It's flipping cold enough out to eat spaghetti today!

Kater said...

I second the broc soup, and my returning strep was helped by taking Tylenol sinus pills - if you have mucus from your nose going down the back of your throat, it keeps the strep germs thriving. Kick the congestion, you may kick the strep.

Kendra said...

weirdly Kate, I'm not mucousy at all. which is another reason that they think that it might not be strep