Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cognitive Leaps

Two new big mental leaps from Adara in the past two weeks as indicated by these odd little conversations:
Conversation One
Adara (noticing that one of her crafts is ripped on the fridge) " My chicken is ripped, I need tape, do you have tape?" Me: "I'll get you some" Adara: "I don't know what tape is" and then a sweet little embarrased laugh.

Conversation Two (talking about the dog next door who we wanted to play with, but there's a big fence between us and their gate was locked )
Adara: "Mama, you should get a ladder so the doggy can come over and play"
I was kind of stunned, I didn't know that she knew what a ladder was even.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Morning! I love that first comment about tape! That's exactly the kind of thing my French Immersion kids do...just put it out in the universe and see what comes back. Often, they DID know exactly what something was and they are subconsciously checking the theory.