Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kapow Shirt

Adara has a favourite shirt. It's royal blue with colourful cartoon bubble words like "smash, kapow, bam" on it. She wants to wear it every day and hands it to me every night requesting that I wash it for tomorrow. It's vaguely infuriating but also very nostalgic. Do you remember your favourite item of clothing and your passionate devotion to wearing it every day? I had a light pink and brown calico dress that i was convinced made me look like Laura Ingalls Wilder. Then there was the red spring jacket with all of the very Michael Jackson zippers and pockets. And the purple figure skating dress that I wanted wear everywhere all of the time.
What was your obsessive clothing item?

2 comments:

dennie said...

a go-go dress with pompom ties - age 3
an orange plastic mini skirt with a gold chain belt - gr 7
an Alice in Wonderland babydoll shirt - hideous - for gr. 6

my kid still has his favourite red cape but he used to love to wear.... suspenders!!!

Anonymous said...

Dale Evans (from western, Roy Rogers, TV show) cowgirl hat, bandana and vest plus bandana for my trusty dog "Mate" (did not have a trusty horse)8-) ~AR