Friday, April 23, 2010

Getting Back On Track: Squash Curry

fry a diced spanish onion in a bit of olive oil
Add one tbsp curry, 1/2 tbsp cumin
Add one can Patak's Balta curry sauce (8% sodium, I checked, yes I am cheating a bit here by doing a canned curry, but I had to jump back into cooking somewhere)
Add one diced Kambucha squash (crazy looking japanese squash, arrived in my food box a few weeks back)
Add three or four leaves of Swiss Chard
Cook 25 minutes or so on low heat and serve over rice.

Not half bad really, very filling. Len and I have both fallen off the wagon a bit this week on portion sizes, so back at that aspect tomorrow. We're also both looking forward to getting back to getting some exercise tomorrow now that we're feeling better.
On the menu for this week:
Salad Green with fried wild mushrooms and a poached egg on top
Swiss Chard, Tofu, Avocado and Cucumber Dragon Bowl
Somethin' with yams cause there's too darn many in this house... thoughts anyone?

4 comments:

Julia Hale said...

There is just nothing better than good old mashed yams - just like mashed potatoes, but you can use olive oil instead of margarine. Add some ginger or garlic. Like homemade, squash, sweet, orange comfort food. P.S. loved the video!

dennie said...

Yam and parsnip mash
yam, chickpeas, squash and tahini
yam frites done in the oven with sea salt
yam, apple, squash and leek soup

Flo said...

hi there..I'd like to follow you, but am clueless how to do this blog thing..I hope you'll even get this message!!! Please check my blog and if you see anything missing that would make it easier for visitors let me know!!! Flo

PS I especially don't understand all that stuff below word verification thingee.

Kendra said...

I had to do a little research myself Flo as I've never been asked this and don't actually subscribe to any myself. So, from what I can tell, you download for free an RSS reader and then you enter my URL (ie www.adoringadara.blogspot.com) into the place where it asks what you want to follow. My husband says that he does this through Google reader and then when I update the blog it emails him to let him know, with a direct link in the email. However, I have a lot of blogger friends who are much more knowledgeable then me and are also on here, so if anyone has a better answer, give it a go!