Friday, August 21, 2009

Flat or Fat

Over the last few weeks I have been desperately searching for a new pair of jeans. This has never been a problem for me before, I try on four pairs at the gap and buy one. But, suddenly the gap fits me all wrong. So, since I don't have any time to shop when I'm with the baby, I've been fitting in five minutes of shopping here and there between meetings and events, which fortunately take me all over town, so to lots of shops. I've tried on probably 20 pairs in the last three weeks and didn't like any of them.
I was in Bayfield with my sister on the weekend and tried on a pair that she thought looked great. I thought that they looked ok, but maybe made my butt look a bit flat. Kristen says "Flat, right, not fat? "... thanks Kris. So, I didn't buy the $100 pair of jeans, because I was certain that my butt looked flat, and nothing could shake the idea. On a patio after I asked Kristen if she thought that the problem was that I wasn't thrilled with how I looked right now as opposed to not being thrilled with the jeans. We reached no conclusions, but had a good conversation/beer, as is my families tradition!
So, yesterday before a meeting at 10 am, I rip into the Bay to check out their jeans. And, lo and behold, find a perfect pair of jeans, that do not flatten my bum, are DKNY and are on sale for $40! This was meant to be, the gods were lookin' out for me! They made my butt look Flat, so that my wallet could stay Fat!

No comments: