Monday, August 17, 2009

Feeling Virtous, er virtuos... smug!

About three weekends ago I decided that this was the day, I would wash all of the windows in the house. Now, you must understand that in the five years that we've lived in this house, I have every summer washed either the upstairs or downstairs windows, but never both. For, while there are only eight windows in my house, they are old double sliders, so there are 37 panes of glass. Really, a lot of glass. So, Adara, decided to be quite helpful really and with some soapy sponges and much "Here mamma, I wash, I wash", I got through 27 panes of glass and was feeling quite proud of myself and like I might even brag to my mother (who washes all of her windows twice yearly and always has) about this. And then, Adara knocked over a bottle of bubble soap and had a fit about it, and my window cleaning ended, alas, short of my goal for yet another year. Because, really, that was the moment, and it ain't comin' again and that, dear readers, is that.

3 comments:

Julia Hale said...

I think you have a total right to feel virtuous. I've never washed the windows in this house - inside or outside. And - on top of that a veritable plethora of blogging. I say - well done!

Anonymous said...

good for you!!! in my next life...i'm going to hire 'people' to do that window washin' stuff. I think you did darned well to get that many done in a day...window washing is a full time job in itself!!

Anonymous said...

aka /SP