Saturday, May 16, 2009

Of Clothes and Other things





Here's some pics of recent new clothes. Adara wore a gorgeous pink cotton/linen dress for Mother's Day that Grammy and Poppa got for her. She looked really sweet and managed to go an entire eight hours without getting it at all dirty. (by the by, anyone else noticed that I managed to dress my sweet baby for mothers day brunch,but I'm basically in sweats and jeans? Oh well, I figured that she needed to look cute in case she decided to be a hellion at the restaurant)
Here she is also in a hat that I got her. Diva indeed; she's been absolutely crazy all day today. She has all four of her eye teeth coming in (one already through) and apparently this entitles one to be nasty and unreasonable all day, but also very cuddly and needy. An odd combo
Last up on the clothes, is my opening night dress, chosen by my fabulous friend Heather in about 10 minutes flat after I'd looked for several hours already. I loved this dress and shoes and they held up from 5pm until 2 am with very little pain. Plus the whole darn thing cost a total of $60 including shoes. So, of course I had to get the deep purple (eggplant) manicure and pedicure to go with. Oh yeah, and Len looks pretty slick too! Mom and Dad came to opening and they also had snazzy new leather jackets, that I unfortunately did not capture on film.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little dress; and OMG...she looks like her cousin Lana did at that age in the hat and pink jacket!!! As for the adults-stunnning!! Don't you love friends who can do that 10 minute thing!!!

Kristen Fry said...

Ah...I wanna kiss that baby so bad! I miss her! I here Daddy taught her to spell this week???
IQ of 150!

Janice said...

Adara is gorgeous, as usual. Is she really talking that much?
Your shoes didn't kill you? Lucky lady - and beautiful too.