Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sick and sappy

Adara has been sick with some kind of flu virus for the past five days. Aside from the bodily fluid explosions, it's actually been ok. Mostly we've laid on the couch with a very snuggly baby. Not a bad gig all in all, although it might be nice to be spending some more time outside. She's been pretty slow and lacking in energy but has started eating again thank heavens. So, I did friday and saturday with her, Len did Monday and Tuesday and now I'm on Wednesday so had to take the day off work. Here's hoping that we don't get a thursday out of this too.
In other news though, she's really progressing on the discipline front. She understands immediately when I'm unhappy with how she's behaving now (hitting people or throwing fits), stops within a minute and says "Sorry" without hardly any prompting. I'm really pleased with this as it's a major improvement on four weeks ago.
Now, if we can just get one week straight with no one sick... My co-workers bought me a spa certificate because they thought I needed a break and Len has been trying to plan me a weekend away. Three mondays in a row now I've had to cancel my spa visit because someone was ill. Alas, no break for this mamma right now. Oh yeah, except for the endless watching of treehouse tv with sicky!

1 comment:

gretel said...

I hope you get that spa day in soon! I can certainly relate to the endless illness routine!

much love
G