Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cognitive Leaps

Adara has made a huge leap ahead cognitively this week. First, she started "caring for" her dolls. She's been diapering them and washing them and feeding them and rocking them (violently) and tucking them into beds with great vigour. I find this interesting as it came out of nowhere, with no prompting whatsoever from us. She's also suddenly caught onto the idea of sitting with us. Prior this she would jump up and down on us, or roll around near us just generally run around. This week she's suddenly interested in sitting beside us in big comfy chairs or on our laps. We're not complaining!
Finally, tonight I asked if she wanted a cookie and she answered "Absolutely!". Now, this is a word that I say fairly often, but still, a honkin' big word for not quite seventeen months, I think!
In other news, I'm well and Len is sick now. I'm really hoping that he gets well next, cause I don't want to pass stuff around anymore. I'm seriously considering just sending him to a leper colony in order to ensure no more illness passing! :)

5 comments:

Julia Hale said...

Congratulations. We all knew she was going to be unusually smart. Speaking of smart - Diego found his face today - or his hands - I don't know. However, he is now able to connect the two of them pretty consistently. What we are going to do with these genius children I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Yes...they never cease to amaze you with their 'ahead-of-themselves' genius behaviour... for example just a month or so ago at the preciously young age of SEVEN, Tristan took delight in the bathroom at drawing beautiful designs on the wall with his own poop. We were so very proud. His artwork was expressive, sensitive and I think he may have even rendered some biblical phrases in Norwegian. AND ONLY SEVEN. Geniuses. Yes.

Kendra said...

Alright, alright, you've both taken the snot out of me now for thinking that my babies a genius. :) But ya know what? I still think that she's a genius; cause that's my job!

Kendra said...

Baby is, not "babies"... heaven help me, whose a genius now?

Anonymous said...

Hope the seven year old poop artist has a good shrink.