Thursday, January 22, 2009

Work

Work has been pretty intense lately. I go in and for 7 hours, I am doing super high intensity, high brain power work. Usually that kind of work makes up less then half of my day and the other half is petty functioning and answering questions. I don't usually spend every day, all day calculating and recalculating numbers and making decisions based on percentages, probabilities and, really, the likely hopes that we call "projections". I'm sort of stressed but also kind of happy to put my brain to this serious kind of use. Tomorrow I'm starting my day of working from home by joining forces with two other General Managers of other theatres to give someone a conference call smack. Believe when I tell you that if you're getting a conference call smack from three GM's at once, you aren't doing so well. An odd start to a day working from home writing grants.
Other then that, I am trying to seek for balance in all things. Not too much tv, not too much work either in the office or in the house, a good deal more exercise then I have been getting. I am not succeeding as of yet, but at least it's on my radar!
I've been thinking about babies a lot this week. My friend Julia's baby, Diego, arrived this week. Congrats Jules! My friends Anna and Caroline are due in eight weeks and I'm very excited for them. Several people that I know who have children Adara's age are expecting their second. It's been a lot of babies this week. It's made me kind of sad for the passage of time. As many of you know, I have very little memory of the first two months of Adara's life. Whenever a new baby is born, I think about that again. We are so lucky and blessed, but I do feel that lack on occasion.
So, there's only one response to this feeling; go drinking with Lyndee! It seems to have been the answer to a lot of things in the past thirteen years of my life, so why not go back to an old favourite!

1 comment:

Julia Hale said...

Kendra: I've been thinking of you a lot this week. I don't know why we've been blessed with such a chill kid but we have. It makes me grieve a little for your first two months as well. If it's any consolation - I'm told that when the first one is this relaxed the second is often a nightmare! Rafa's mom certainly had that experience. We may get our chance at 'two months blind' as well. For now, I'm riding the wave of RELAX!