Thursday, January 8, 2009

January Update

Hello. I've been a bit absentee. I made myself a promise that in the new year I would focus on actually getting consistent work done at work, instead of messing around a bit and working a bit. I actually feel quite good for the amount that I'm accomplishing, but at the end of the day, I really don't feel like stepping back on the computer. So, probably a few less posts for awhile.
In other work news, until all of the grants are written (beginning of March) I'll be working one day a week from home. This way no phones, emails or Artistic Directors interupt me and I can focus on just getting the writing done. It also means that since I'm cutting out an hour of travel on either end of the day, I can afford the time to have a swim for a half an hour in the afternoon. This is proving to be very good for my psyche, and, I imagine, my heart too.
Adara's little mind is all abuzz these days. Here's the list of words and phrases that she's added in either sign language or words since the New Year
Sit (signed)
Snow
Animal (said in three distinct syllables at the top of the voice)
Cup
Stop
Up High
down Low
Poo
Yes
All Done
Block (signed)
Car
Needless to say every day is fun and full of adventure with her right now.


Yes, these are pictures of Adara riding on her poor cousin, Liam. He (sweet boy that he is) let her sit on his belly while he scooted around the wood floors at my parents place over Christmas. It's no wonder she thinks that the sun rises and sets on him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHH! so cute. I love that they adore each other.