Friday, December 5, 2008

When the Husbands Away, the House Will Break

Why do major house things only break when Len is at shows and not getting home until very late? There are very few times that major things in our house have broken. Major plumbing malfunction, October of last year, nine day old baby, husband coming home at midnight and leaving at 6am, sewage threatening to back up into my house.
Tonight, furnace not working, Len at show, home at midnight, repair man can't come until 8 am. We're fine, the baby has an electric oil heater in her room. The rest of the house has dropped 3 degrees in two hours.
I just question why these things don't break when the handy guy is home? I choose to believe that the gods are accenting to me my perfectly capable and problem solving nature. 'Cause it would just be rude if they're just having a laugh at my expense!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aargh! I have exactly the same complaint/observation about the digital technology in this house! The second Isaac went to Italy, our internet, VOIP phone etc were all down. it took days to fix and I had to suck it up and spend all that time on tech support finally LEARNING (NOT MY DEPARTMENT) how it all works. I did it...but I sure didn't want to! Hope furnace is fixed soon. It's cold out there!

Anonymous said...

oops...that 'Anonymous' is me...I'm sure you figured it out from the 'Isaac' reference!