Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy 11 Months Adara


Eleven Months, huh? Happy eleven month birthday baby girl! Next month we switch over to one year, and then I'm thinkin' that the monthly birthday messages are done. I always thought that it was a bit crazy when you ask a mom how old their baby is and they say 17 months. Just say a year and a half people, it's gettin' a bit silly!
So, this will be your last "month birthday". I can't believe how quickly it's gone. At this time last year, I had two weeks of work left at my old job and was just prepping to start my leave. I was excited and ambivalent and tired and exhilarated. I spent a lot of time out with friends, having lunches and dinners and getting pedicures. In fact, it's quite likely that I was in labour with you while enjoying a lovely fine dinner with your father the night before you were born.
Anyhow, that was last year at this time. This month for you has been all about daycare. So far, you seem to love it. When we take you over in the morning you are calm and serene and smiley. When we enter the house, you wave to the other children and happily accept their hellos and hugs. When we leave you bestow smiles and waves and kisses galore. And then we go home and you collapse into an exhausted hungry, cranky mess. Much like your parents, you save the energy for the public and let it all hang out at home!
We're so proud of how well you are doing. You're running like a maniac now and are into everything. This month you've also learned how to lower yourself off of the futon onto the floor without falling on your face. You're quite proud of this skill and repeat it over and over, awaiting our clapping adoration.
And you get it. 'Cause really, when you get right down to it, we're all just Adoring Adara.

No comments: