Friday, September 19, 2008

Child Literacy

Tonight, after a long work week, for the first time all week, Adara happily agreed to having a nice long, calming bath. All week she has been leaping out after about 30 seconds and begging to be put to bed. She had a day with daddy today instead of at daycare, so I guess that she was a little less tired.
We had a lovely dinner in which Adara ate the middle eastern food that we were having. Chicken shwarma and eggplant, potatoes and cauliflower in a garlic yogurt sauce. Loved it, couldn't get enough!
So, after dinner, I gave her her bath, got her dressed, fed her the bottle and read her two books, all of which she was perfectly silent for. Then,she took the book from me, turned back to the beginning and very patiently opened the book and page by page babbled at me. Turn a page, babble, pause, turn a page, babble pause. So sweet to see that she wanted to "read" the book to me. Totally melted my heart!
In the picture below (very fuzzy) you'll see her latest trick. She likes to take my underwear out of the laundry basket,hang it around her neck and run around the house. Why? Who knows! Does it smell like me, is it the reaction that she gets from us, or does she just like showing off my underwear to the world? Oh wait, I'm the one who posted the picture of admittedly dirty underwear... oh well, mothers have no shame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...no shame, and nor SHOULD you! I only WISH I had nice purple undies like that!