Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dancing Queen


Here is Adara this morning at Highland dance lessons. She is doing a series of steps known as "pas de bras" or in kid language "jump the pond, show your sticker (which in on the inside of her sock), squish the frog". She's been pretty pleased with herself about how well it's been going. After seeing a performance by this dance group in the summer at the beaches celtic festival she was pretty sure that she needed to know how to do that. So, we enrolled in saturday morning dance class.
But, here's the secret, I love doing saturday dance class. It's in the lovely beaches, a mere 5 minute drive or 20 minute bus from our house. I don't have to stay for the whole class if I don't want to and it's a lovely walk to a local tea shop that's not a chain and has amazing croissants of all varieties. It's across the street from a wicked breakfast place where a friend occasionally meets us after class. Plus I get to watch my little piece of business own it in the dance studio. Perfect.

3 comments:

Auntie K said...

Oh my, she looks 7 years old in this pic! I can see the second grader in her!

The Mums said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

looks like her mama (1 m or 2??) in this picture!!!/SP