Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The gauntlet

Over the last week or so Len has been here and gone. This week I went out to put out the garbage in his absence and discovered this between me and the gate to the front...

Len has been working on digging a three foot deep trench, the whole 150 feet of the yard. It's to run the electrical to the shop and that's Toronto's bylaws. So, he's been working (yes, by hand) on this trench for about two weeks. Before he left this time he blocked off the remainder of the trench that was open to keep Adara and I safe. Which was a great theory until 7:30am when I was grabbing the green bin, hauling it over the sawhorse, around the wheelbarrow,narrowly missing tripping on the garden hose, stepping over the trench and opening the gate. All this in heels, while keeping half an eye on Adara who was waiting out front. I swear that this is my test of wills, I can pass his gauntlet, I can be his wife! Thank heavens I passed.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! He's one good hubby. That's a serious project! Oh and I'm glad you passed the test.

Anonymous said...

Must be the rancher/farmer coming out in him. I would offer to send our backhoe down...but it would need a truck to get it there sometime this century! Tell Len not to break his back doing it!! And you missy, may have to trade in the heels for workboots just to take the garbage out :)/SP