Monday, February 1, 2010

Knocked Flat Again

So, I had been invited out tonight to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the St. Lawrence Centre for the ARts, a venue where my theatre company often performs. I accepted, expecting a couple of little appetizers and to sneak out before the show to get home to my warm bed. WEll,knock me flat, what a freakin' night!
From the fresh made scallops, to the noodle bar and mini steak and kidney pies, the food was stunning. And then, the show. Louis Pitre just took me on an absolute trip from the ingenue of Little Shop of Horrors, to the torch songs of Edith Piaf, a self written song about her fathers alzheimers and the Mamma Mia tunes that made her famous, Louis was a knockout. People were tearing up and then cheering her on. The true winner was Mamma Rose's song from Gypsy,"Some People". I freakin' love that tune! What an anthem to get of my but and make something good! And oh yeah, have a few drinks on the way, Woo Hooo!
Anyways, a rip roarin' night. Jenn, when you see Louise next please thank her for an amazing and unexpected night in the theatre.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sadly, we hardly ever see them anymore, since they moved to Stratford. Sad...I miss them!