Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A week of opposites

Good 1) I got to negotiate a contract with a major producer here in Toronto that I've always wanted to work with, and I did a good job
Bad : I wasn't very excited by it and didn't have the energy, time or babysitter to celebrate

Good 2) We're getting to know our neighbours finally after five years here. They speak to us on the street, people are friendly and kind and I'm looking forward to Halloween
Bad: I got pushed down three stairs by an angry woman on the subway who was determined to reach her train. Stupid Toronto, stupidity.

Good 3) Adara is full of out of nowhere statements that "she loves us"

Bad: This morning she walked towards me with her hand raised and said "I'm going to hit you" and then did. And then over the course of the next twenty minutes of being kept in time out in her room, did it four more times. Just because she can.

What a strange week of ups and downs.

1 comment:

dennie said...

Remind me to tell you the story of Christopher going through a 'biting' stage...because he could.
And yet, he no longer bites folks now :-)