Friday, October 16, 2009


Hello my gorgeous, smart, funny two year old. Happy birthday.
Two years ago today Len and I were in hospital, half asleep watching you sleeping in the isolette beside us. You fit in your fathers hand.
In the past year, the big milestones have all been language. You've gone from "ma ma" to " I kiss the boys and then I chase them". Quite a leap! You are also full of love lately telling me "I love you mamma" but also "go way mama, I do self (myself)". You are sweet and kind and genuine, and occasionally a bit of a monster!
Lately you talk a lot about how you need a "pak pak to go to school" This kind of breaks my heart, because suddenly I can see the day coming when it will be true; and then, I find that I can see all of your days ahead. I want to hold you forever in my arms and sing you "rock a bye, baby" like you ask for all of the time now. Those moments are so precioius as I'm starting to realize just how fleeting they are.
I love you baby and I'm so proud of who you've become this year; gentle and loving, pushy and demanding, you are MY daughter to the core!
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Happpy Birthday you little monkey...I can't beleive she's TWO!!