Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fountain Fun

Tonight Adara wandered into the middle of the gushing founts of the local water park. I thought about stopping her because it was cold and we didn't have other clothes, and all kinds of other things. But then, as I watched her leap in the water in sheer abandon, I remembered a wonderful evening in Goderich when I was about sixteen. I found myself spontaneously diving in the town fountain with my best friend and some older teenagers who I really admired and was kind of scared of. It was an awesome night that I had forgotten until I saw Adara leaping into foreign and forbidden waters today. So, we came home very dirty and very wet.

6 comments:

Kristen Fry said...

Well at least you didn't pour soap into that fountain. I assume it was the dancing penguin/ tulip one?

Kendra said...

Of course the dancing penguin/tulip! What else? And with Nina and Chris Sutton and Lyndee and someone else that I can't remember... Lyndee?

Jenn said...

Sounds like the night we went diving in the York pond...although I don't suppose Adara's desires were alcohol induced!

kristen said...

I am just shocked that Sutton would stoop so low as to disrespect the Dutch heritage of our pioneer people! Now the rest of ya...I bet ya didn't even know why that tulip was there!

Kendra said...

Hey! What is this, the out me for how many forbidden bodies of water I've jumped into page? My parents read this, ya know! :) No one's even mentioned the University avenue fountain during frosh week yet... Oops!
:)
Apparently Adara comes by this desire honestly

Anonymous said...

Hey, if that's as bad as it gets, we'll not likely have to visit either one of you in the Don Jail if Adara keeps up this passion too to follow in her mother's footsteps. All in the name of good fun! /SP