Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Adara's really very early 2nd birthday party

We celebrated Adara's birthday this past weekend as it was the only weekend day that we all had together until mid November. We had some friends over with their kids and just hung out in the backyard and house, had some food, adults drank some beer, kids played with playdough. All in all, very low tech and easy.
The highlight of the event was definitely this cake...
When I asked a week or so a go if she wanted a cake for her birthday she said yes and promptly went and got a magazine that we had been looking at earlier that week and pointed out this aquarium cake that she wanted. Fortunately, it was super easy and Adara loved helping me mix the batter and put on the little fish.
When I lit the candles and everyone started singing happy birthday to her, it was like it was the best moment of her life. She was in complete awe of the fact that she was the centre of attention and this was her moment. I, of course, missed videoing it, because I was busy holding the cake and such.

So, we're going to do the whole cake and candles thing again when my parents come for thanksgiving, only with pie ('cause none of us like cake, except for Adara) and this time with a video camera ready and running. I can't wait to catch some of that two year old pure joy!

3 comments:

Kristen Fry said...

Ahhh...she kills me with those piggy tails and her firm/precise ideas about cakes and such. She reminds of this little girl I knew when I was growing up....

Kendra said...

Hey, what the heck, are you commenting in real time? You can't do that, I'm tryiing to fix stuff here. Silly older sisters! :)

Kristen Fry said...

Hey there. Yes I am. It's my perogative (spelling?).