Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day

Adara and I had Mothers Day on our own this year with Len at work and it couldn't have been better! First off, I've figured out a trick that helps my brain be in the moment. In the morning I got all of the "need to's" done so that I wasn't thinking about them all day. So, fiddle lesson, run, clean the bathroom, laundry. Len and Adara also gave me some chocolate and a book. Len has this habit when he buys me books and magazines of placing them under other things so I'll find them at unexpected moments. I love it! Then Adara and I were off to the beach and the day went like this: 1) a stop at David's Teas. "Mamma let's sit in the window so that you can people watch". Ok, let's! 2) the big castle park for a play for Adara 3) heading for the beach we were struck by how nice a field look, laid our blanket out and read Harry Potter 3 out loud for an hour 4) onto the beach, looking for beach glass, build a sandcastle, talk to some ducks, more Harry Potter 5) Back to the field, it still was sunny and beautiful 6) watched part of a baseball game at the local diamond 7) Dinner at Il Fornello. Adara did all of the ordering and sat still and talked with me the whole meal. We talked about the changing nature of the Harry Potter books and how Harry's challenges get more complex with more pieces over time. We tried to solve some Harry Potter puzzles that have been bugging Adara. 8) Back to the castle park where Adara made a new friend and ran off, so I read my magazine. And then homeward bound. All in all, seven hours out in the world enjoying the sunshine. Perfect!

No comments: