Sunday, July 24, 2011

Camping glories

For the first time in 22 years I went camping with my parents. With Kristens help we borrowed a tent trailer for a week away in Miller Lake. From the first moment that Adara saw it she was in love with the trailer. She climbed right up on her bunk, got out all her toys and was in seventh heaven, chatting away to herself in her "own little house" The campground itself was wonderful. It had a sandy shore, shallow lake, big inflatables for the big kids (and me!) to swim out to and climb on, fish to catch in a net (Adara) crafts to do in the rec hall, a great playground as well as ping pong, horseshoes and a great store. And glory be the store had wonderful tea with milk and honey for me to wander down and get while the wee one was napping and grammy was in charge. It's hard to over estimate how important a really good cup of afternoon tea is to me!
Hopefully Kristen or mom has some pics of Liam and Poppa and I climbing on the massive inflatables because it was a tour de force. I'll try to upload the video of Adara holding the fish that she caught (minnow) as well.

In general it was peaceful and easy and relaxing and fun and I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We had fun didn't we? You forgot to mention all the ice cream we ate!